We are very excited to announce that there are scholarships available for the 2017 camp season!
Each scholarship is equal to one week of camp, and the application requirements are the same for each scholarship.
View Application Requirements
Photo by Catalyst Design & Photography
In 2015, Dr Renee Andino and Dr. Rob Andino, from HealthFirst Wellness Center in Rockford, IL, sponsored our first ever, camp scholarship. Thanks to their generosity, two kids will attend Rock and Roll Institute every year, tuition free. Not only that, thanks to the Andino’s, we now have a scholarship program that continues to grow, and for 2017, the RnRI Scholarship Fund officially has 501(c)(3), non-for-profit status!
If you’re interested in donating to the RnRI Scholarship Fund, please visit our secure donation page, or feel free to make a donation in person. Thank you!
The Rockford Ice Hogs Scholarship
This year the Rockford Ice Hogs have joined our team of sponsors to offer two scholarships. Big thanks to the team for supporting the arts in our community!
( 2 available )
The Jeremy Mordini Scholarship
The Ivanuck Family lost nephew Jeremy Mordini to his battle with addiction July 2nd, 2015. Jeremy was an avid music lover and played both guitar and drums. We would like this scholarship to bring an awareness of the growing epidemic of drug use in our country. Faith and Family can be cornerstones in keeping youths away from drugs and the hope is that this scholarship can grow our Rock N’ Roll Institute Family and that family can always be there to support others even if all seems dark.
( 1 available )
HealthFirst Wellness Center R&RI Scholarship
In 2015 Dr. Renee Andino and Dr. Rob Andino sponsored our first ever camp scholarship. Thanks to their generosity, not only do two kids get an opportunity to attend our camp for free, we now have a scholarship program that continues to grow!
( 2 available )
The RnRI General Scholarship Fund
( TBA available )
- You must be a first time Rock n’ Roll Institute camper.
- You must be within the 6th – 12th grade age range.
- (Scholarships are not available for the adult camp)
- You must write an essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. The essay must be a minimum of 200 words, maximum of 300 words.
- In a separate text, you must answer the following questions:
- Do you take private lessons? If so, where, and who is your teacher?
- How long have you been playing your instrument?
- What other instruments can you play?
- Which week of the 2017 camp would you attend?
- Week 1: June 19th — 23rd
- Week 2: June 26th — June 30th
- Please say whether your gross household income is less than $50,000 per year, or more than $50,000 per year.
- You must submit a short (1-2 min) video of you performing your instrument.
- Vocalists: sing part of a song, a cappella or along with a recording.
- Guitar: perform part of a song. Play 5 chords of your choice, and improvise a solo in one of the following; major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Bass : perform part of a song. Improvise a solo in one of the following; major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Drums: perform 3 different drum beats of your choice, including some drum fills.
- Keyboard : perform part of a song. Play 5 chords of your choice, and improvise a solo in one of the following; major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- You must own or have access to a well-maintained, functional instrument.
- You must be able to participate in, and attend all required rehearsals and performances, both during and outside of the camp weeks. Failure to do so will result in revocation of the scholarship, and a charge of $175 (1/2 the registration fee) to the scholarship recipient.
- You must submit the essay, answers, and video, via email to email@example.com
- Scholarship submission deadline is 11:59pm, Saturday, April 1st.
- Scholarships will be awarded on Saturday, April 8th. You will be notified via email address used for application submission. Also, there will be an announcement made on the Rock n’ Roll Institute Facebook page.
- Monday, June 19th: WEEK 1 starts, with performance on the evening of June 23rd at Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center – 6pm
- Monday, June 26th: WEEK 2 starts, with performance on the evening of June 30th at Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center – 6pm
- Friday, July 7th: Adult Camp Concert at Milkhouse – 7pm
- Tuesday, July 11th: Anderson Gardens performance – 5:45-6:30pm
- Wednesday, July 26th: Rockton River Market performance – Time TBA
- Saturday, August 5th: Culture Shock Records performance (marking the end of the 2017 camp season) – Time TBA