We are very excited to announce that there are scholarships available for the 2018 camp season!
Each scholarship is equal to one week of camp, and the application requirements are the same for each scholarship.
View Application Requirements
Photo by Catalyst Design & Photography
In 2015, Dr Renee Andino and Dr. Rob Andino, from HealthFirst Wellness Center in Rockford, IL, sponsored our first ever, camp scholarship. Thanks to their generosity, two kids will attend Rock and Roll Institute every year, tuition free. Not only that, thanks to the Andino’s, we now have a scholarship program that continues to grow.
If you’re interested in donating to the RnRI Scholarship Fund, please visit our secure donation page, or feel free to make a donation in person. Thank you!
HealthFirst Wellness Center R&RI Scholarship
In 2015 Dr. Renee Andino and Dr. Rob Andino sponsored our first ever camp scholarship. Thanks to their generosity, not only do two kids get an opportunity to attend our camp for free, we now have a scholarship program that continues to grow!
( 2 available )
The RnRI General Scholarship Fund
( TBA available )
- You must be a first time Rock n’ Roll Institute camper.
- You must be within the 6th – 12th grade age range.
- (Scholarships are not available for the adult camp)
- You must write an essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. The essay must be a minimum of 200 words, maximum of 300 words.
- In a separate text, you must answer the following questions:
- Do you take private lessons? If so, where, and who is your teacher?
- How long have you been playing your instrument?
- What other instruments can you play?
- Which week of the 2018 camp would you attend?
- Week 1: June 18th — 22nd
- Week 2: June 25th — June 29th
- Please say whether your gross household income is less than $50,000 per year, or more than $50,000 per year.
- You must submit a short (1-2 min) video of you performing your instrument.
- Vocalists: sing part of a song, a cappella or along with a recording.
- Guitar: perform part of a song. Play 5 chords of your choice, and improvise a solo in one of the following; major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Bass : perform part of a song. Improvise a solo in one of the following; major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Drums: perform 3 different drum beats of your choice, including some drum fills.
- Keyboard : perform part of a song. Play 5 chords of your choice, and improvise a solo in one of the following; major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- You must own or have access to a well-maintained, functional instrument.
- You must be able to participate in, and attend all required rehearsals and performances, both during and outside of the camp weeks. Failure to do so will result in revocation of the scholarship, and a charge of $175 (1/2 the registration fee) to the scholarship recipient.
- You must submit the essay, answers, and video, via email to email@example.com
- Scholarship submission deadline is May 1st.
- Scholarships will be awarded on May 8th. You will be notified via email address used for application submission. Also, there will be an announcement made on the Rock n’ Roll Institute Facebook page.
- Monday, June 18th: WEEK 1 starts, with performance on the evening of June 22nd at Mendelssohn Starr Center – 6pm
- Monday, June 25th: WEEK 2 starts, with performance on the evening of June 29th at Mendelssohn Starr Center – 6pm
- Saturday, June 30th: Adult Camp Concert at Mendelssohn Starr Center – 6pm