Jason SSG Scholarship
Thank you for applying for this RnRI scholarship!
Please submit your response to the following Scholarship requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st. Make sure to include ALL of the requested information in your application email. Failing to do so would result in an immediate rejection of your application.
All submitted information will remain private and will only be seen by the RnRI Scholarship Committee.
- You must write an essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. The essay must be between 300-400 words.
- In a separate text, provide answers for the following questions
- Do you take private lessons? If so, where, and who is your teacher?
- How long have you been playing your instrument?
- What other instruments can you play?
- Would you be able to attend Week 1 or Week 2 of our camp? (camp dates are listed below)
- Does your family currently receive SNAP benefits? Or have you, or anyone in your family received SNAP benefits within the last year?
- You must submit a short video (2-3 minutes) of you doing the following on your instrument
- Vocals – Sing part of a song, a cappella or along with a recording.
- Guitar – Perform part of a song, play 5 chords of your choosing, and improvise a short solo in one of the following: major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Bass – Perform part of a song and improvise a short solo in one of the following: major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Drums – Perform 3 different types/styles of drum beats, please include a few drum fills.
- Keyboard – Perform part of a song, play 5 chords of your choice, and improvise a short solo in one of the following: major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- You must own or have access to a well-maintained, functional instrument.
- You must be available to participate in, and/or attend all required rehearsals and performances. Both during camp and outside of the camp weeks. Failure to do so will result in revocation of the scholarship, and a charge of $175 (1/2 the camp registration fee) to the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship applications are accepted starting April 1st.
- Scholarship application submission deadline is May 1st.
- Scholarships will be awarded on May 8th. Recipients will be notified via the email address used for application submission.
- Monday, June 17th
Week 1 starts, with a performance on June 21st at Mendelssohn Starr Center – 6pm
- Monday, June 24th
Week 2 starts, with a performance on June 28th at Mendelssohn Starr Center – 6pm
- Saturday, June 29th
Adult Camp concert at The Norwegian – 6pm
- Wednesday, July 10th
Campers perform at the Rockton River Market – 6pm
- Tuesday, July 16th
Campers perform at Anderson Gardens – 5:45pm
- Saturday, August 3rd
Campers perform at Festa Italiana – 1:15pm
- Saturday, August 10th
Campers perform at Culture Shock Record Store 4pm
RnRI Non-Discriminatory Policy
The Rock and Roll Institute Scholarship Committee does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of recipients or volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.