Ruckman Memorial Scholarship
Thank you for applying for this RnRI scholarship!
Please email email@example.com by May 1st with your response to these Ruckman Memorial Scholarship requirements. Make sure to include ALL of the requested information in your application email. Failing to do so would result in an immediate rejection of your application.
- You must write an essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. The essay must be between 300-400 words.
- In a separate text, provide answers for the following questions
- Do you take private lessons? If so, where, and who is your teacher?
- How long have you been playing your instrument?
- What other instruments can you play?
- Would you be able to attend Week 1 or Week 2 of our camp? (camp dates are listed below)
- You must submit a short video (4-5 minutes) of you doing the following on your instrument
- Vocals – Sing parts from 2 different songs. One a cappella and one performed along with a recording.
- Guitar – Perform parts from 2 different songs, play 10 chords of your choosing, and improvise 2 solos in one of the following: major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Bass – Perform parts from 2 different song and improvise 2 solos in one of the following: major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- Drums – Perform parts from 2 different songs. Play 5 different types/styles of drum beats, please include a minimum of 10 varied drum fills.
- Keyboard – Perform parts from 2 different songs, play 10 chords of your choosing, and improvise 2 solos in one of the following: major, minor, pentatonic, or blues scale.
- You must own or have access to a well-maintained, functional instrument.
- You must be available to participate in, and/or attend all required rehearsals and performances. Both during camp and outside of the camp weeks. Failure to do so will result in revocation of the scholarship, and a charge of $175 to the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship applications are accepted starting April 1st.
- Scholarship application submission deadline is May 1st.
- Scholarships will be awarded on May 8th. Recipients will be notified via the email address used for application submission.
- Monday, June 20th
Week 1 starts with a performance on Friday, June 24th at Sinnissippi Band Shell: 6pm
- Monday, June 27th
Week 2 starts with a performance on Friday, July 1st at Sinnissippi Band Shell: 6pm
- Saturday, July 16th
RnRI Fundraiser Party at Kegels Harley-Davidson: Noon – 4pm
- Saturday, July 23rd
RnRI Performs at The Norwegian: 6pm
- Saturday, August 6th
RnRI Annual Culture Shock Party at Culture Shock Records and Gifts: 4pm
RnRI Non-Discriminatory Policy
The Rock and Roll Institute Scholarship Committee does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of recipients or volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.